Grand Spring Rally 2012 had to be cancelled

Dear Members,

It was with regret and after considerable discussion and a visit to Riverside that the Committee decided to cancel this year’s Rally due to issues regarding safety. We were also told by BW that the Flood Gates at Newark and on the Soar would not be opened until the Saturday. We appreciate it was at short notice but we had to weigh the fact that the lower steps at Riverside were underwater, therefore a hazard to craft, and the flow of the river was such as to make some events extremely hazardous for competitors.

We are very sorry for inconvenience caused and hope that you managed to enjoy the Bank Holiday regardless.

The Committee have been having discussions on whether to stage the Rally later in the season but unfortunately the remaining Bank Holidays have other events occurring or Committee Members are not available due to other commitments… It has been decided therefore that we will forego this year’s Rally and make next year’s bigger and better.

With thanks for your continued support and very best wishes for the season.

Your Chairman

Colin Tuck

This entry was posted in News and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.