Please follow & like us :)
Welcome to The Boating Association. Here you will be able to keep up to date with the latest news, upcoming events, legislation, blogs and more.
The Boating Association was set up over 70 years ago to promote co-operation and comradeship between all river users and all associated waterways, to ensure the extension, development and improvement of these waterways and of their facilities and amenities so as to make the waterways safer and more pleasant. The Boating Association represents the collective individual interests of all Members in all matters relating to boating and the use of the waterways.
- Report on carbon monoxide poisoning of two friends in York – learn the lessons from this repeated story April 19, 2021
- Catching up with the Visitor Moorings on the River Trent & Associated Waterways Group March 25, 2021
- The Boating Association Boat Safety Scheme Officers Report March 25, 2021
- Boat Owners’ Survey | A Reminder to Take Part March 25, 2021
- Boat Owners’ Survey: Your Invitation to Take Part March 15, 2021
Monthly Archives: March 2020
There has been a temporary suspension of Boat Safety Scheme examinationsFollowing the Prime Minister’s announcement on the 23rd of March 2020 regarding the UK’s response to the coronavirus crisis, the joint owners of the Boat Safety Scheme (BSS) are allowing … Continue reading
CO Safety Check Quiz The link above directs readers to a PDF of the Carbon Monoxide safety quiz. The Boating Association would love to know if you were able to achieve 100% in this quiz (no boxes being ticked) by … Continue reading
Future-Propulsion-for-Inland-Waterways The link above directs readers to a PDF paper published by the Inland Waterways Association in which they theorise about potential greener propulsion methods for boats in the future. This is not a technical paper and is laid out … Continue reading