Please follow & like us :)
Welcome to The Boating Association. Here you will be able to keep up to date with the latest news, upcoming events, legislation, blogs and more.
The Boating Association was set up over 70 years ago to promote co-operation and comradeship between all river users and all associated waterways, to ensure the extension, development and improvement of these waterways and of their facilities and amenities so as to make the waterways safer and more pleasant. The Boating Association represents the collective individual interests of all Members in all matters relating to boating and the use of the waterways.
- How the upcoming Boat Owners’ Survey will work March 1, 2021
- Is Your BSS Examination Due Soon? February 27, 2021
- Announcement | The Boat Owners’ Survey Releasing in March 2021 February 22, 2021
- CRT Seeks Boaters Opinions on Part of the Boat Safety Scheme February 18, 2021
- A Huge Thank You To The Visitor Moorings on the River Trent & Associated Waterways Group January 24, 2021
Monthly Archives: March 2020
There has been a temporary suspension of Boat Safety Scheme examinationsFollowing the Prime Minister’s announcement on the 23rd of March 2020 regarding the UK’s response to the coronavirus crisis, the joint owners of the Boat Safety Scheme (BSS) are allowing … Continue reading
CO Safety Check Quiz The link above directs readers to a PDF of the Carbon Monoxide safety quiz. The Boating Association would love to know if you were able to achieve 100% in this quiz (no boxes being ticked) by … Continue reading
Future-Propulsion-for-Inland-Waterways The link above directs readers to a PDF paper published by the Inland Waterways Association in which they theorise about potential greener propulsion methods for boats in the future. This is not a technical paper and is laid out … Continue reading