Please follow & like us :)
Welcome to The Boating Association. Here you will be able to keep up to date with the latest news, upcoming events, legislation, blogs and more.
The Boating Association was set up over 70 years ago to promote co-operation and comradeship between all river users and all associated waterways, to ensure the extension, development and improvement of these waterways and of their facilities and amenities so as to make the waterways safer and more pleasant. The Boating Association represents the collective individual interests of all Members in all matters relating to boating and the use of the waterways.
- Report on carbon monoxide poisoning of two friends in York – learn the lessons from this repeated story April 19, 2021
- Catching up with the Visitor Moorings on the River Trent & Associated Waterways Group March 25, 2021
- The Boating Association Boat Safety Scheme Officers Report March 25, 2021
- Boat Owners’ Survey | A Reminder to Take Part March 25, 2021
- Boat Owners’ Survey: Your Invitation to Take Part March 15, 2021
Monthly Archives: April 2020
To stay up to date with the current Canal & River Trust restrictions, help & advice surrounding the pandemic please follow the link below to their frequently asked questions page: https://bit.ly/2KujnPe Stay safe all!
There’s more detail below but, for absolute clarity, only move your boat if it’s essential (not for leisure purposes) and minimise your use of the towpath. If you are not currently occupying your boat the government guidance is that you … Continue reading
The report of incidents and accidents for the year ending 31 December 2019 (written by the Boat Safety Scheme) is now available to any interested parties. If you require any further information or access to the report, please request this … Continue reading
As Part of an update from the Inland Waterways Association (IWA): The Government has confirmed in its Spring budget that they will remove “the entitlement to use red diesel except for agriculture, fish farming, rail and non-commercial heating” from April … Continue reading