Please follow & like us :)
Welcome to The Boating Association. Here you will be able to keep up to date with the latest news, upcoming events, legislation, blogs and more.
The Boating Association was set up over 70 years ago to promote co-operation and comradeship between all river users and all associated waterways, to ensure the extension, development and improvement of these waterways and of their facilities and amenities so as to make the waterways safer and more pleasant. The Boating Association represents the collective individual interests of all Members in all matters relating to boating and the use of the waterways.
- Report on carbon monoxide poisoning of two friends in York – learn the lessons from this repeated story April 19, 2021
- Catching up with the Visitor Moorings on the River Trent & Associated Waterways Group March 25, 2021
- The Boating Association Boat Safety Scheme Officers Report March 25, 2021
- Boat Owners’ Survey | A Reminder to Take Part March 25, 2021
- Boat Owners’ Survey: Your Invitation to Take Part March 15, 2021
Monthly Archives: March 2021
We are pleased to learn that part of the donation we made to the Visitor Moorings on the River Trent & Associated Waterways group is already being put to good use, for the benefit of us boaters. ‘The Boating Association … Continue reading
Information abstracted from CRT’s BSS Annual report up to 31 December 2020 The review is based on 177 incidents, 6 of these events affected more than one boat. There were 80 fire and CO incidents, including those on coastal waters. … Continue reading
The BSS Boat Owners’ Survey launched last week. I’ve been told that there has been a tremendous response so far with over 750 people taking part already. It’d be great if we could get that number over 1,000. If you’ve … Continue reading
The Boat Safety Scheme Boat Owners’ Survey has launched today and is now live. This is your chance to give your views and we hope that you will take the time to participate in the survey. It should take about … Continue reading