Please follow & like us :)
Welcome to The Boating Association. Here you will be able to keep up to date with the latest news, upcoming events, legislation, blogs and more.
The Boating Association was set up over 70 years ago to promote co-operation and comradeship between all river users and all associated waterways, to ensure the extension, development and improvement of these waterways and of their facilities and amenities so as to make the waterways safer and more pleasant. The Boating Association represents the collective individual interests of all Members in all matters relating to boating and the use of the waterways.
- Boat Safety Scheme Officers Report January 7, 2022
- Navigation and Towpath Restrictions on Aire + Calder Main Line & New Junction Canal December 9, 2021
- TBA Annual General Meeting – 7th November 2021 November 1, 2021
- Report on carbon monoxide poisoning of two friends in York – learn the lessons from this repeated story April 19, 2021
- Catching up with the Visitor Moorings on the River Trent & Associated Waterways Group March 25, 2021
January 2022 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Author Archives: admin
Information abstracted from CRT’s BSS Annual report up to 31 December 2020 The review is based on 177 incidents, 6 of these events affected more than one boat. There were 80 fire and CO incidents, including those on coastal waters. … Continue reading
The BSS Boat Owners’ Survey launched last week. I’ve been told that there has been a tremendous response so far with over 750 people taking part already. It’d be great if we could get that number over 1,000. If you’ve … Continue reading
The Boat Safety Scheme Boat Owners’ Survey has launched today and is now live. This is your chance to give your views and we hope that you will take the time to participate in the survey. It should take about … Continue reading
How the upcoming Boat Owners’ Survey will work We sent you a message recently announcing that the Boat Safety Scheme (BSS) has decided to survey all Boat Owners. There have been a few questions, so I thought I’d share some … Continue reading