Please follow & like us :)
Welcome to The Boating Association. Here you will be able to keep up to date with the latest news, upcoming events, legislation, blogs and more.
The Boating Association was set up over 70 years ago to promote co-operation and comradeship between all river users and all associated waterways, to ensure the extension, development and improvement of these waterways and of their facilities and amenities so as to make the waterways safer and more pleasant. The Boating Association represents the collective individual interests of all Members in all matters relating to boating and the use of the waterways.
- The Trent Navigation Alliance Has Been Formed April 29, 2022
- BSS Consultation on the review of the Examination Checking Procedures ECP 2022 March 28, 2022
- East Midlands Boater Conference 2022 March 9, 2022
- Boat Safety Scheme Officers Report January 7, 2022
- Navigation and Towpath Restrictions on Aire + Calder Main Line & New Junction Canal December 9, 2021
May 2022 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Category Archives: Safety Report
Information abstracted from CRT’s BSS Annual report up to 31 December 2020 The review is based on 177 incidents, 6 of these events affected more than one boat. There were 80 fire and CO incidents, including those on coastal waters. … Continue reading
The Boating Association Boat Safety Scheme Officers Report: Boat inspections have resumed following a shutdown due to Covid-19, however, at the time of writing inspections carried out year to date are some 21% down compared 2016. One meeting of the … Continue reading