We sent you a message recently announcing that the Boat Safety Scheme (BSS) has decided to survey all Boat Owners. There have been a few questions, so I thought I’d share some information about how the survey will work.
We will send you an email during w/c March 15th which will contain a link to the online survey. (Please note that this survey will be hosted on an external website and so not the BSS website or any site linked to The Boating Association). The survey should only take about 5 minutes to complete and is anonymous. None of the survey analyses will be presented in a way that allows anyone to identify you as an individual.
- The survey WILL ask you to provide some information about you and your boat. The purpose of these questions is to enable the market research company to analyse the data in a way that allows them to compare how different types of people feel about each of the themes in the questionnaire.
- The survey will be a mix of ‘tick-box’ questions and ‘write-in questions’.
- For the ‘tick-box’ questions, you may (for example) be asked to say how much you agree or disagree with a range of statements.
- Deliberately, there is not a middle answer (eg “neither agree nor disagree”). If you are unsure as to how to respond to any of the questions, you can skip that question and move on to the next. None of the questions in the survey are compulsory, although it’d be great if you could answer as many of them as possible.
- The write-in questions will be an opportunity for you to add more information about your opinions.
- The survey will launch in the week commencing Monday, March 15th, and be available for around 3 weeks.
- We may send you an email reminder to complete the survey at some point in those 3 weeks.
- The data will be analysed in April and you will get to hear the results of the survey during May.